Crowd Sourced Music
Pre-composed music intended for thousands around the globe
- More control over composition
- More likely to filter out talent
- Can scale to thousands of users
- Completely virtual
- No personal interaction
Interfaces Built For Non-Musicians
Design physical interfaces that can play music regardless of the musical talent of the player:
- Anyone can operate (even, and especially, kids!)
- Pre-composed sounds or samples can be designed to sound good
- Easy to install in physical space
- Not actually 'playing' music, just pressing buttons
- More of an installation than a performance
Interfaces Designed for Musicians
Familiar instruments for musicians to play together, linked by MIDI or other basic protocol.
- Musicians tend to be able to make music
- MIDI is dependable, has been tested
- Large barrier to entry for non-musicians
- Loses the idea of "music played by anyone"
- Combine these ideas into an easy-to-use interface that can be played by musicians and non-musicians alike
- Decide whether music is generated acoustically or uses pre-recorded samples- must sound good!
- Structure must be approachable, barrier to entry must be low